Dr. Panagiotis Karkatsoulis

pk2009

I have studied law (University of Athens) with a PhD. on Law Sociology (Bielefki University, Germany), multiple participations in international conferences and fora, and constant writing activity. I would introduce myself as a technocrat and world citizen, steadily oriented to the reversion of the negative stereotypes connected to the Greek administrative culture. I was present at the planning and implementation of major administrative reforms, including the KEPs, and I am confident that they will come to include Operational Programme “Administrative Reform”, that is currently being carried out. My work includes consultation services for reform projects of centralized and de-centralised public administration (Greece, FYROM, Kossovo, Uzbekistan, Syria, Indonesia, Russia, Georgia, Cyprus) and I am also the national representative at the European Union high risk group on better legislation. Also, I am an expert at the OECD and I teach at the National School of Public Administration (ASPA). In 2003 I was honoured by the American Society for Public Administration (Peter Boorsma Award). In 2012 I was awarded the ASPA's "International Public Sector Award".